Sunday, October 18, 2009

Journal #9: American Food


In my country, fast food is considered the typical food of American food. Since the international restaurant of American have become successful companies, the images of American food in Taiwanese’ mind are Macdonald’s, KFC, Burger King, and so on. Therefore, hamburgers are considered the staple food of American, and French fries are the main appetizers.

Before I came to the U.S., I had thought that I have to eat hamburgers every day in the U.S. I realized that was my misunderstanding after I had lived in American home stay, which is a traditional American family. They always cook and eat dinner at home, and hardly eat fast food. Also, I found that they cook various foods and try to make the dinner different everyday. Sometimes they have Mexican beans, and some times they have Italian spaghetti. In some special days, they will have American steak.

In my aspect of American food, I think the variety of American food is reasonable because American contains multicultural people. I finally realized that hamburgers are not the staple food of American, and the typical food is “variety.”

No comments:

Post a Comment