Friday, October 2, 2009

Journal #8: Optimistic Quote


Winston Churchill said "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." It means an optimist can react flexibly to every situation because of his or her attitude, even the situation is difficult. Also, the attitudes could cause different results in every event. I generally agree with this viewpoint, and it cheers me in some aspects since I am a slightly pessimistic person.

Currently, the most obvious example of this topic is that we need to do numerous home works, and it upset me all the time. I usually feel annoyed when I received plenty of home works. Therefore, when I was doing my homework, I felt that I don’t have a strong will to finish it.

On the other hand, I felt that the homework is good for us to get ready for university class after I had read the proverb. When I think about the fact, I will just tell myself that I have to do it since it is good for me in the future. I could finish it with an optimistic mood, but I would give up if I had a pessimistic mood.

1 comment: